Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lolly Bag Macaron Tower for a Baby Shower

I think there will have to be several posts to cover all the macaron flavours on this tower, but think of this post as a sneak peak of what is to come...




The flavours on this Lolly Bag macaron tower are:
  • Redskin
  • Musk
  • Jaffa
  • Spearmint
  • Banana
  • Caramel
  • Freckle

The actual tower stand is pretty clever - it's completely changed how I'll ever make a tower again. Gone are the days of using toothpicks to hold macarons up on a polystyrene cone (when you end up with mangled macarons and an ugly white background). The stand is adjustable (you choose how many tiers you need) and you can put the macarons in two different directions - I think they look better this way, but you need at least double the amount to fill it when they sit this way rather than sideways.




Look out for posts over the next couple of weeks with recipes for all the flavours listed above.

If you're looking for the macaron tower stand, you can find it here at www.macaronstand.com.au. I often have emails asking about macaron packaging and boxes in Australia, and you can find some great ones at www.macaronboxes.com.au.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tower Erica!!! Are those macarons made with French or Italian method??? They are perfects!!
    I've only practiced making macorons with the french method but so far I haven't gottenany decent macaron, can you share some tips to get those shiny and smoothy shells??
    Thank you vey much!!!
    Yngrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used both methods for the tower - half Italian and half French. I find the French a lot quicker when I'm in a hurry but it yields less macarons than the Italian.

    I always make sure my almonds are very finely ground (I put them through a food processor with the icing sugar before using them) to ensure a smooth finish. The shine is all in the macaroning (mixing) of the batter - it's a bit of an art I'm afraid, trial and error until you get it right!

    ReplyDelete