Sunday, April 15, 2012

Greek Easter Macarons...

These macarons were inspired by the brightly coloured red dyed eggs that my Mother-in-law dropped off last night for Greek Easter.



The big question was: what ganache flavour to fill the red macaron shells with. I decided to go with Turkish Delight.

For the shells, refer to the generic macaron recipe here. I was a little disturbed by the amount of red and pink food dye I had to add to get the colour I was after, but at least they weren't going to be consumed by any young children!

For the filling, heat 100g of cream until almost boiling. Pour over 150g of milk chocolate. Stir through 1-2 teaspoons of rosewater and 1-2 teaspoons of orange blossom water (to taste). If you add more of the fragranced waters, you may need to increase your chocolate to ensure that the ganache sets.


No comments:

Post a Comment