Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Macarons - Pink Marshmallow Hearts

This year for Valentine's day, I thought I'd re-visit the heart shaped macarons from last year. I had to make these in a hurry (at about 9pm on a Wednesday night) so I used my trusty quick macaron recipe (AKA French meringue method) and whipped these up in a couple of hours. The only downside of the French meringue method is that you don't get many macarons for the ingredients you put in...


These are made with a marshmallow filling (see previous post for recipe).



I decided to make these heart shaped at the last minute, so I didn't use a heart shaped template to pipe them - I just piped a circle, then dragged the piping nozzle downwards to make one side of the heart, then repeated on the other side. Be careful not to make the hearts tilt to one side (unless you pipe half of them as mirror images to tilt to the other side) otherwise you won't be able to sandwich them together!

Give it a try and see how you go - it's a lot easier than you think!

Piped macarons, resting before baking

Straight out of the oven


2 comments:

  1. Hi Erica,
    Love this idea & am thinking of baking some for our engagement party as gifts foe the guests.
    How far in advance could i make these?
    And how would i store them?

    TIA, Kendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can freeze them for up to a month if you have freezer space, otherwise if you're just keeping them in the fridge then you'll only have a few days - 4-5 at most.

    ReplyDelete